MiPower is a highly interactive, user-friendly windows based Power System Analysis package. It includes a set of modules for performing a wide range of power system design and analysis study. MiPower features include a top notch
Windows GUI with centralized database. Steady state, transient and electro-magnetic transient analysis can be
performed with utmost accuracy and tolerance.
Power System Network Editor
- Icons of all power system components.
- Multi-Layering of objects to view, select edit and present the results.
- Multi-level nesting of sub-systems.
- Resizing for individual drawing elements.
- Switching ON/OFF for all power system elements.
- Highlighting of study results lies within a band of minimum, normal and maximum limits.
- Panning to facilitate fast and easy scrolling along X and Y direction.
- Realtime zooming facility for the diagram to any fractions of a zoom level.
- Reduction of the whole drawing to any fraction to fit any paper size.
- GPS Interface
- Enhanced database creation including detailed modelling of power system components.
- Use of advanced techniques for all studies.
- Studies at your fingertips - once database is created accurately any study can be conducted.
- User defined number of contingencies and Schedules.
- Splitting of database into two groups - element information and library information - avoids repetitive entry of power system elements having same parameters.
- Toggling Facility - Database to Network editor, Database to Graph to facilitate easier navigation.
- Multiple X and Y columns can be plotted in the same view
- User defined colour, thickness, symbols and number of symbols on curve, title and font.
- Conversion of graphs to dxf and text formats.
- Harmonic analysis of graphs
- Mathematical operations on Graphs
- Pick Drag and drop facility for relay curves
- Changing the base voltage of the plotted graphs
Free Programmable Blocks
- Designed for Simulation and testing of Control Blocks
- Customized Design of Governers, AVR'S, SVC'S, HVDC controllers are possible
- Control blocks can be linked with Transient stability fortesting the performance of the system
Load flow Analysis
- Slack Bus Concept Gauss - Seidel, Newton - Raphson, Fast- DeCoupled techniques
- Frequency dependent, Optimal load, Ac/DC flow
- Multiple islanded systems
- Customized report facility
- Real & Reactive power Optimization
- Economic Dispatch
- Contingency Ranking & Analysis
Short Circuits Analysis
- Fault levels for symmetrical and asymmetrical faults.
- ANSI/IEEE standards
- IEC standards including 363 & 909
- All types of symmetrical and asymmetrical faults with and without impedance
Transient Stability Study
- Various types of fault at user defined location
- Detailed representation of excitation systems, turbines governors static var compensators, power system stabilizers and HVDC controllers
- Load Shedding
- Simulation of operation of voltage / current / frequency relays and distance relays
Gives new relay settings for improved performance and computer zone settings for distance relays. Relay co-ordination can be conducted for relays of all make and with user defined characteristics for overcurrent and distance relays. Simulation option available.
Voltage Instability Analysis
Designed to assess the risk of Voltage instability and margin of stability during sudden disturbances, under steady state conditions. It ranks the load busses based on the L-index value and the highest L-index indicates the system collapse point. The value of L-index is zero at no load and 1 at the verge of collapsing point.
Performs three-phase harmonic load flow to compute harmonic distortion factors. Calculates harmonic transfer and driving point impedances for both transmission and distribution power systems.
Dynamic Stability Analysis
Performs the dynamic stability analysis in both frequency domain(Eigen value analysis) and time domain.
Provides the static and dynamic equivalents for the power system. In case of Static equivalent, program determines the bus admittance matrix (Y ) as seen from the desired nodes by bus eliminating the rest of the nodes. In case of dynamic equivalent, a single machine equivalent circuit is determined.
Frequency response method is used for analyzing the stability of sub-sysynchronous resonance, as modelled by a number of synchronous machines and an extensive series compensated transmission network. The method allows the simultaneous
detailed modelling of all machine shafts and control loops and hence permits investigation of possible interaction in the subsynchronous resonance frequency band between machines in different plants.
Electro Magnetic Transient Analysis
Performs both transient and dynamic over voltage studies. The highest discharge currents and enrgy stresses for the protective equipment and to co-ordinated them with withstand levels of the protected equipment is determined. Over voltages, which are caused due to energization of lines, transformers and shunt elements, during fault inceptions and on clearing of faults are calculated.
Line and Cable Parameter Calculation
Program calculates positive and zero sequence parameters of the overhead lines and cables used in single and multi-phase configurations over a wide range of user defined frequencies and temperatures. It also calculates the mutual impedance between power and communication lines.
Long Term Load Forecast
Long Term Load Forecast module is designed for forecasting the energy demand during the planning stages of a power system. The salient features of this tool are
- Generality to apply for any type of load data
- Can accommodate any number of independent variable,which are very significant.
- The method adopts multivariate regression techniques forforecasting
- Capability to select the best model out of various models
Three-phase Load Flow Analysis
Load Flow Analysis for 3-phase four wire system.
AutoCAD Interface is a utility to convert the MiPower Network to AutoCAD and to plot the results obtained using the MiPower applications on an existing AutoCAD diagram.
Ground Mat Design
PowerGMD is designed to compute the substation ground grid.This is a dialog based interactive program.
Automatic single Line Diagram Generation
ASLG is a utility to generate the single line diagram of the electrical system. Input to ASLG is the MiPower database file for the particular electrical system.
- Easy creation of network after entering he data in the databasemanager.
- Presenting network parts.
Available Transfer Capability Computation (Open Access feasibility)
Data Import/Export Module (IEEE & Others)
Single Window Access to all Studies
With sample geographical map and network
With sample SLD and Database Manager
With sample Graphs and Data Manipulator
Load Flow Analysis
Short Circuit Studies
Transient Stability Studies
Protective Device Co-ordination
Electromagnetic Transient Analysis