The R&D team at PRDC® is constantly identifying Strategic Areas in Power Systems oriented towards Utilities, Industries and Academics.
Research in Emerging Areas of Power Systems
The R&D team at PRDC® excels at designing algorithms in Power Systems and associated areas for industrial as well as utility problems. The solutions provided to tackle different challenges incorporate state-of-the-art technology while ensuring pragmatic solutions. Be it enterprise software solutions or modules which are to be integrated into other products, PRDC® has the technical capability to meet and consistently exceed expectations. Some of the areas of research at PRDC® are:
VTU Recognized Research Center
- Wide Area Measurement Systems (WAMS)
- Smart Grids
- Power System Protection and Fault Analysis
- Power Quality
- FACTS and Renewable Energy Source Modelling for System Studies
- Distribution Network Analysis
- Detailed Design of Equipment for System Studies
PRDC® is a recognized research center under Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and offers PhD and M.S courses. Further details regarding the Research Center can be found here. The R&D team is also engaged in mentoring M.E/M.Tech and B.E/B.Tech students from top universities across India. Students can approach PRDC® for internships as well as project work. All queries for enrolling for the M.S/PhD programs or for internships/projects can be sent to email@example.com
Design and Development of Products for Power System Analysis
Realizing latest concepts and advancements in the form of products for various industries and utilities is a cornerstone of this team. The R&D team helps build customized solutions for various industrial challenges based on customer inputs allowing them to enhance operational efficiency. Some of the products designed by the team are:
- MiPower® – Power System Simulator
- MiAFAS™ – Automated Fault Analysis System
- MiPDATool – PMU Based Disturbance Analysis Tool
- MiPDAP – GIS Integrated Distribution System Analysis Tool
- MiPWIF – Hydro-system and Water Inflow Forecasting Tool
Apart from full-fledged software, PRDC® has provided modular solutions to be integrated into other enterprise software such as Relay Test Kits and SCADA/EMS solutions.
PRDC® provides clients with consultancy services for adopting the latest technology to optimize operations. Operations optimization can be achieved either by improving the existing practices or by adopting modern technologies. The services offered by PRDC® in this regard are:
- Techno-Commercial Evaluation of New/Advanced Technologies
- Project Road-Map, DPR and Request for Proposal Preparation for Technology Upgrade
- Assistance in Grid Code Development
The PRDC® R&D team specializes in providing training on Power Systems Analysis to:
- Academic Institutions
- Training Centres
PRDC® conducts training programs and workshops across the globe. There is a monthly training program conducted at PRDC®’s Bangalore office. The calendar for the program can be found here .
Apart from this, PRDC® also conducts specialized training programs and workshops at client locations on request. Some of the clients who have availed this facility are Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited, Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Corporation Limited, Fiji Electricity Authority, Toshiba, Larsen &Tubro, Jindal South West, Vizag Steel Plant, IITs, NITs, Power System Training Institute and National Power Training Institute.
PRDC® is committed to providing its clients and customers with industry-leading technical support to aid them in making use of our products and services. PRDC® provides:
- Onsite Support – Experts from PRDC® visit client locations to address issues and conduct training/workshops.
- Online Support – Using desktop sharing, online support is provided to clients to address urgent issues ensuring minimum delay in the work being carried out.
- Tele-Support – Telephonic support is extended to clients to handle any issues relating to the product usage and Power System domain.